Innovative optical technology arises from fresh design concepts. Those designs often hinge on the performance of a specific optical element, but sometimes that component can be hard to find. Perhaps the part is only available in limited quantities. Perhaps it has been discontinued. Perhaps the optical element exists, but the specifications are out of line with the design tolerances. Regardless of the reason, absence of a specific part can kill some projects.
Ross Optical is the investigator to hire when you’re looking for something no one else can find. Here’s why:
- We’ve been around the block once or twice. Ross Optical has been helping customers uncover hard-to-find optics since 1988. We know what we’re looking for and which places to shake down first.
- We know people who know people. When you work with us, you’re working with all the people we know... and we know a lot of people. Ross Optical works with a broad network of domestic and offshore manufacturers. As soon as we know what we’re looking for, we put the word out. Something usually turns up, but if not, we can also provide custom components.
- We’ve got a clue. We don’t just sell optics; we know optics. Sometimes what you really need isn’t what you thought you were looking for. Our optical engineering team can help you optimize your design and get the parts that will work. We can also suggest similar optics that will offer comparable performance while being much more cost effective.
Example: A customer needed fused silica lenses, so they gave Ross the specs. But because they only needed a couple of pieces, we recommended using an overstock lens to save time and cost.
- We follow the money. Cost matters. Sometimes the right solution requires a bit more digging, but we’ll keep searching until we find what you’re looking for at a price you can afford.
- We think ahead. When we develop or find something that matches your requirements, we then can take the extra step and stock your part for future deliveries on a blanket order. Going forward, parts will be available precisely when you need them.
Supplying hard-to-find optics to our customers is our core mission at Ross. Whether we’re discovering a hidden cache of the component, identifying a suitable substitute, or even making it from scratch, Ross does what it takes to provide exactly what our customers need, in the quantity they require, and on the schedule that drives them.